Wapice is a technology and digitalization partner for industrial companies that was founded in 1999 and employs over 330 experts in 10 office sites around Finland. We deliver solutions to globally leading industrial companies mainly in the fields of energy technology and moving machinery. We help our customers transform into digital champions for creating a better future. Our competence ranges from electronics design, embedded software and data analytics up to mobile and cloud based software solutions. We also support our customers in future technologies such as 5G, AI and IoT with our expertise. Currently our own product portfolio consists of three cloud based products IoT-TICKET®, Summium® and EcoReaction.
Are you a university student looking for a job or internship that supports your studies and career goals? You're in the right place!
At Wapice we are constantly looking for both senior experts and future talents whose dream is to become a world-class expert in the software industry.
First and foremost we expect you to have a passion to learn software development and its different roles (e.g. software development, testing, embedded systems, cloud technologies, security, DevOps) and a genuine desire to develop your skills. We appreciate versatile skills, whether its gained from school, work or hobby and free-time projects.
We are especially looking for students and fresh graduates in:
- Computer science
- Information technology
- Embedded systems
- Data engineering, data science, machine learning and AI
- Other similar degrees
We look for new talents with good attitude to build your skills in some of the technologies listed (but not limited to) below:
- Cloud: AWS or Azure
- Mobile development: React Native, Flutter, Xamarin, Ionic, Cordova, Native Android/iOS, PWA
- Web back-end development: .NET (Azure, ASP.NET, .NET Core), Java (Spring Cloud Stack, Spring Boot), NodeJS
- Protocol and network engineering: OPC-UA, TSN, MQTT, Fieldbuses, TCP/IP, CAN, SPI, I2C, PRP, Industrial Ethernet, Building Automation and Control protocols, Wireless Protocols, Network Architectures
- Real time Linux; preemt-rt, Xenomai, etc.
- Linux systems programming
- Python or C/C++
- ML: Linear algebra, multivariable calculus, statistics, signal processing, machine learning
- Experience in processing of video, audio, text, multivariate data and time series
- AI: Applied knowledge of object detectors, classification, clustering, anomaly detection, prediction, NLP: TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Sklearn, OpenCV, Numpy
What can we offer?
We offer an excellent growth platform for future talents. You will be supported and mentored in your development by senior experts and interesting and challenging projects. We would like to hear what kind of goals you have and in what kind of roles you're interested in the future, so that we can support you on your journey. We also support students in graduating by providing flexible work and trainee contracts that adapt to your particular situation. Several university students have also found a thesis topic from our projects.
Be sure to also read our two experts' stories as an inspiration!
We offer career possibilities in our major sites (Vaasa, Tampere, Helsinki, Jyväskylä, Seinäjoki, Turku, Oulu, Hyvinkää).
Join the development!
Leave your application through our easy-to-use recruitment platform. Please attach your CV and transcript of study records along with your application, and also a brief description of what kind of a role you're looking for. Please also mention in your application if you have a recruitment reference code (received e.g. a from a certain course or from an event hosted by Wapice). We'll be in touch about the process soon!